Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Cookies 2013 | Traditions

When I was a little girl my mother baked Christmas cookies with me and my brother and sister, so when it was time this year to introduce G and O to cookie baking for Christmas, who better to invite over to join in on the fun than my mother!
 
G and I started the night before by mixing the dough.  We let the dough chill overnight and started the decorating in the morning with Gigi!
 
It was so much fun!  I'm going to make sure that this tradition carries on for many years!
 
 


 
It started out pretty calmly.  G even cracked the eggs like a pro!  She really enjoyed putting it all together...and then this happened! :)
 
 
While we were out of the room, the flour, or as G called it, butter, fell onto the floor.  (I'm still cracking up about this...and how innocent she looked!)
Well...we just made the best of it and let the memories stack up!  Oh, the fun she had dancing in the flour!  It's been weeks now and I'm STILL finding flour all over my kitchen! :)





 
Day 2 was a little bit more organized...a little bit.  G loved cutting out the cookies with the cookie cutters and even made some...well....unrecognizable cookies! (my favorite ones!)
O got his first taste of a cookie and even a little flour ;)
No matter how many colors of icing were there, her favorite was always Christmas Red!
 










 

 

 

 
 
There are so many more to share, but I'm pretty sure I've mega-shared already!
A huge thank you to Katie Gwinn for tag-teaming with the camera so that I could participate in this cherished tradition!
(Photos by Katie Gwinn and Janet Crouch)
 
Merry Christmas to all...and may God be the center of your Christmas!
<3


 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment